Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Invisible

Family is a touchy subject for me.. My mom is amazing and is always there to talk and super supportive with everything... She was the first of my family to find out about my tattoo. That says a lot. But my Dads side is so judgemental and if you don't do things the way they want you to do them or what they think is right then you are basically just a failure. I'm sure a lot of people have these same situations in family and it sucks. We went to a BBQ last night with my Dads side of the family and honestly Wyatt and I felt invisible. Any time we start to say something someone else talks over us and we never are respected. This has been this way for a while, my brother is always the one that they worship and me .. well I have always had different ideas than them and done things my own way. I  leave these family gatherings always feeling shitty and like I am nothing. I got the same BMW as my step sister and my dads wife just went on about how her daughters rims were bigger than mine. Everyone else is always better than me or has something better and I am left feeling invisible and insignificant.
 
Bottom line it stops today.
 
I am done with feeling like that around them and I am taking a break from them for a while. I have always been the black sheep of the family and that will never change.
 
But I refuse to be blatantly ignored when I talk or ask someone a question.
 
I have more self respect than that and just because I dont do everything the way they think I should does not mean that I am a horrible person.
 
My dad still does not know about my tattoo and I have been too scared to even tell him but I dont care anymore. I am my own person and I am breaking this cycle of  that side of the family and I will be my total self and be the way I am when im with my mom.
 
I dont need to carry their baggage and mean spirit with me so I choose NOW  to let it go.
 
.
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. you go girl.more power to you! i feel similarly sometimes. I feel like my own family values Brandon more than me...lol But my father's family is CRAZY. My aunt's boyfriend actually asked Brandon if he'd like to work as a security guard at a marijuana dispensary he was planning to open up! Obviously he said "no way." haha but it is a very unfortunate thing when you don't have the relationship with one parent's family like one would like. I only see my father's mother maybe 2 or 3 times a year and they have never bonded with me or my daughter. But you know what? I feel better off, because my family (on my mothers side) are extremely tight-knit. We visit my grandma at least 3 or 4 times a week! So I say, be grateful for the people who love and value you, and close out the ones that don't. Even if they are family, they probably are not worthy of your time anyway, so if they are going to act like that they can go suck a rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl!!Its great to know that I am not alone and good for you for having good family values... people dont have that anymore!! Especially young people! I love your blog by the way!! thank you so much for supporting mine!

    ReplyDelete