Thursday, August 23, 2012

Humble

I was driving the other day with Khloe and we were at a stop light it was red and a homeless lady was standing in the hot sun with a sign ... I cannot remeber what it said but the sight hit me hard. I have seen homeless people before its not like I havent but something in my heart just felt terribly sorry for her. I guess it was because I could never imagine being in a situation like that and I could never see my daughter be in that position. That woman was someones precious daughter. She was not just a homeless person, she was a human with heart and soul. I felt terrible because I never carry cash but I had a ton of loose change in my car. So I scrambled every penny together that I had on me, probably 4 dollars in quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies and had her come over to me. She was so thankful for that little gesture. I am not writing this to make me look like a good person but more to show how little things like helping out another person can make a difference. I was reading the Bible this morning and it was about being humble. I know that I am not always humble but that is something I need to work on. We bought that BMW I wanted and the next morning I felt like I was not being humble in my life. Dont get me wrong we work hard for what we have and it is a struggle but I want to make sure Khloe grows up knowing that you should always be humble no matter what you have or what you dont have. And to be thankful... I know that I am so thankful for what God has given me and the last couple weeks have been pivitol in my life. Losing the baby has been something that has been so tough on me. Some people can get over it quick but for me it has been something that has been a humbling experience.
 
 
This pretty much sums it up
 
humble

No comments:

Post a Comment